confetti airburst pyro problem

lee weathers

hi guys,

I am using 6-8 le maitre confetti airburst pyros, wired in series with trhe good old b&q bellwire..

I have done this a few times, but latley the effect, bang etc just isnt the same anymore, and the bags are not fully exploding..

I have changed firing devices, suppliers bell wire etc but still the effect just is not what it used to be!!

any ideas guys greatly appreciated...

If all of the devices are firing, which is what I infer from your posting, then changing cable, firing boxes etc. is not going to make any difference. The firing current either initiates the device or it doesn't; more firing current doesn't give a bigger bang.

I would suggest talking to Le Maitre directly and seeing if the composition has changed or if there is a quality control issue that needs addressing.

I have done this a few times, but latley the effect, bang etc just isnt the same anymore, and the bags are not fully exploding..

I have changed firing devices, suppliers bell wire etc but still the effect just is not what it used to be!!

Are you using a pukka firing device?

Are you using a pukka firing device?

le maitre two channel detenator

Are the pyros from the same batch? what was the date of manufacture? I tend to find 'older' pyros tend to be a bit poor and I seem to remember that airbursts are particualy prone to ageing prehaps thats the problem?

I have had these "age" as the nature of them is to absorb moisture as there is no plastic outer or seal as in other LM stage effects, just a wrap of paper and the core. Bad storage or over long - you need to talk to LM or the supplier about replacing them if you just got them.

Sam

Archived