any help for a wanabe?

• 3 weeks later...

Going back to the best way to get experience... Working as a casual is great. Try working with as many people in as many places as poss. Amdram is great because you are more likely to be able to make decissions than in a pro theatre...

I see you are from Reading. Where are you working at the moment? I freelance now but have worked at the Wycombe Swan in High Wycombe. They are always getting young kids in to have a look around, and a keen face is a joy to see (*and remember*). Take a look around at what other designers are doing. Going to see shows is the best bet for this and try to get ideas you can develop from...

Good luck. :** laughs out loud **:

I am from Reading but I am doing casual work at the Watermill Theatre in Newbury. I am doing work experience with another theatre this year and hopefully at the end of it they might be able to offer me some casual with them. I have aproached an amdram group before and they turned me down :** laughs out loud **: It hasnt put me off and if anything it has made me more determined to get further.

cheers

jon

Archived