5Kw profile

ghance

hi guys,

can anyone help me with a rider that keeps coming round.. its a french outdoor theatre co. they want:

"1 x lens spotlights 5 Kw with colour scrollers and socles"

I know what you're thinking.. "colour scroller = fresnel", but first time I got in a big arri 5k fresnel and was told "ze lens.. itz noo goood". 2nd time I got a 2.5K profile and what told "ze lighht, itz noo goood". have asked for clarification or example make / model to no avail. I don't think they mean PC or floods as they explicitly list 1Kw floods & PC's as well as other type of lanterns: e.g. HMI followspot, city colour etc. running out of ideas.

anyone with a suggestion?

ta

.spike

I'm not sure about 5k profile, but you could try something like a D'ARTAGNAN 900SNX

MSR 2500W. Its made by robert juliat, now although its only 2500w, because its an MSR lamp, its closer and whiter to a 5K lamp. with a bit of fabrication you can fit a 15'' wybron scroller to the front of it.

http://www.robertjuliat.fr/ - its under the theatre spotlights section, in products.

Tank.

They probably won't like the "quality" of light from a HMI if they're expecting a Tungsten.

If they absolutely refuse to provide a make and model, refuse to supply it on the grounds that it isn't available in this country, but they can bring their own with pleasure.

Archived