midi in avolites

dblux

Hi!

I work with a band that plays with a mac,with midi signal.I want to connect the midi signal to a pearl to sincronyse some musics wiht the light show.I don't know if it's possible to make the midi controll the presets.I really don't understand midi,so I ask somebody if it's possible to do this...

thank you

Yes you can. MIDI codes are detailed in the Pearl manual. If your source material is coming from a sequencer then you can simply setup an extra track with all the commands. Alternatively you can send a timecode track and then have the Pearl follow a script. As the manual suggests, there is plenty of detailed information on MIDI elsewhere including the web.

HEllo!Thank you for the reply.

the mac plays in protools,so you say that we have to made a track with the points were the presets of pearl are activated,is that??

what do you means by "follow a scrip"??

I gonna look more knowdlege about midi

waiting for a answer...

thank you

best regards

a script as in a cue sheet with times applied to it, the midi sends the current "time" and when the midi-time matches the time in the cue sheet, the cue goes (assuming you've set it all up properly)

ie

midi sends timecode to pearl in format HH:MM:SS:FF starting at 00:00:00:00

00:00:01:00 Cue 1

00:00:30:00 Cue 2

00:01:02:00 Cue 3

00:02:06:00 Cue 4

when the pearl gets timecode that it is 00:00:01:00, cue 1 will run

when the pearl gets timecode that it is 00:00:30:00, cue 2 will run etc

Although for a Pearl using MIDI notes and controllers to trigger the submasters is probably easier - they aren't theatre desks.

But for a theatre desk running a cuestack synchronised with music/video/fireworks etc, timecode is perfect.

If you use Midi commands your track will control which playbacks are turned on or off and when, along with level.

Script files are basically a recording of operating the desk. You could setup your protools to output a timecode track to the desk, go to System, select [script file programming], select timer source as external, start the sequencer and then operate the desk in time to the music. Once recorded you can use from Run Mode via [script file functions]. The idea being that when you start the sequencer again it will replay exactly as you recorded in time with the music (timecode). You can have 99 separate scripts.

Using scripts will be easier but intially requires manual operation of the desk which you may or may not be comfortable with. Cues obviously won't be particularly accurate but will be natural.

Using codes will be awkward to program but will be very exact and precise.

I should point out that I have never used any of these functions! AFAIK only playbacks themselves can be simulated in either case. I am unsure whether presets, masters or palettes are controllable or recordable.

Try and see!

Hello again!once again thank you!!!

For now I just go talk about script files,I understand the first steps,but how can I record the playbacks,on system I can't call the fixtures,so I go to program and record normally???in the screen appears step,so one script file is like a sequence with time,or like a cue list like in hog or ma??

and to run the show I have to call the script files or they are in faders that I previously call and then the track of protools activates?

You mentioned "codes" what they are?

Thank you again for give me that help!!!!!

Best regards

Archived