Jem Smoke Fluid & Antari Smoke Machines

tokm

Hi all,

Did a search on here and couldn't see anything specific to what I'm about to ask and googl'ing the question brought up mixed answers.

Basically, I've been offered some Jem smoke fluid (specifically ZR mix, DX mix and their regular DJ stuff) pretty cheap and quite a lot of it, so thought great, a chance to replenish my supplies of fluid. Thing is I predominantly have Antari smoke machines, 2x z-1500 and a few z-3000s. My question is; in peoples experience/knowlege, does Jem fluid work with Antari units?

I read through the 'Antari Z Series Ice / Low Fogger. Fluids...whats best?' topic, but didn't see much on there other than what I already knew.

Hope someone can help <_<

Tom

I read through the 'Antari Z Series Ice / Low Fogger. Fluids...whats best?' topic, but didn't see much on there other than what I already knew.

Tom

As Ynot said in post 3 of that topic, it is always best to use the manufacturers own fluid.

Using other manufacturers fluid will probably void your warranty and will probably not provide as good an effect due to different atomising temperatures.

You may get some liquid as well as smoke out for example.

That said Jem fluid will probably work in Antari machines just not as well.

Notice the large number of probably's in that...

You could of course buy a small amount and test it.

Basically, I've been offered some Jem smoke fluid (specifically ZR mix, DX mix and their regular DJ stuff) pretty cheap and quite a lot of it,

Check what date is on the fluid....

If it's over date that's probably why it's cheap!!

Because out of date fluid CAN potentially gum up your machine, especially if it's been opened. Something to do with the aging process, and the fluid particles getting thicker or something - can't remember the actual reasons, but it isn't a good idea.

And if it is IN date but the seal's been broken on the bottle lids, I'd be suspicious about it's authenticity....

TD

Ah, should have said in my 1st post why its cheap..

Theres nout wrong with it and its in date. Basically its a stack left over from the tail end of panto and was only just found during maintenance, so before it gets ebay'd off or sold some other way, they asked people they liked/worked for them, if they wanted any cheap.

I might just get a few cans of each, try some and if my smokes don't like it ill give it back or eBay it or sell it some other way.

gum up your machine
Talking of gumming up machines few of mine need cleaning, anyone got any special liquids/fluids they use for cleaning? Ive always just shot through a bottle of distilled water through the smoke's before and seems to give noticeable improvement..

Tom

Ah, should have said in my 1st post why its cheap..

Theres nout wrong with it and its in date. Basically its a stack left over from the tail end of panto

Fair enough

gum up your machine

Talking of gumming up machines few of mine need cleaning, anyone got any special liquids/fluids they use for cleaning? Ive always just shot through a bottle of distilled water through the smoke's before and seems to give noticeable improvement..

That's about the best bet - regular DI thru the machine keeps it fairly clean

Bit hard to read, something up with the quote tags in your post by the looks of it <_<

Heard some people use some sort of cleaning agent or lime scale remover, but anything that powerful makes me worry.. melted plastic and all that.

Tom

*edit - oh and look at that, just as I reply, it gets fixed :( *

I've always been taught that the only things you should send through your smoke machine or hazer are smoke/haze fluid and distilled water.

Nothing else.

This is because they work by vapourising the fluid - if there is anything in the fluid, it'll probably end up crystallised inside the heater block which would make it worse!

FROM ANTARIS OWN MANUALS

Cleaning your fog machine regularly will help reduce costly parts

replacement and repair charges.

Maintenance

Do not allow the fog liquid to become contaminated. Always replace the caps on the fog

liquid container and the fog machine liquid tank immediately after filling.

After every 40 hours of continuous operation, it is recommended to run a cleaning solution

composed of 80% distilled water/20% white vinegar through the system to prevent the

accumulation of particulate matter in the heating element. The recommended cleaning

regimen is as follows:

1. While unit is unplugged and cool, unscrew nozzle at very front of unit and clean out debris

with vinegar and a pipe cleaner, making sure that the hole is free of clogs.

2. Empty all fog fluid from machine. Add cleaning solution to tank. Plug unit in and begin

warm up.

3. Run unit in a well-ventilated area until tank is empty.

4. Replace nozzle.

5. Cleaning is now complete. Refill with fog liquid.

Note: All fog machines are prone to clogging due to the thick consistency of fog fluid and the

high temperature at which it vaporizes. However, a properly maintained fog machine should

provide years of reliable use.

Clean with a dry cloth only.

Store dry.

Archived