LED head torches

gareth

I use one I got for 6 quid at a local outdoors factory shop. Its ace. Ive had it for a year and a half and am still on the first set (four) batteries. It has 4 leds for half power and 8 for full. I think its great, although the beam with is not as great as it could be. Ill put up details when I reclaim it from my dad who keeps thieving it from me, cos his dont work.

Duncan

Surprised you even posted about it :rolleyes:

I can't believe you didn't post a link!

Here's a really cheap and cheerful one:

http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target...category_id=253

Its excellent value for a fiver, but you've got to be realistic, its still only a fiver.

Alpkit are an utter joy to buy from, btw, and very well worth checking out for climbing & camping stuff.

Sean

x

ps: I recently bought a Myo XP (Petzl), and its very nice.

I got a led head tourch from B&Q it cost me about 5 quid and has 3 power settings 2, 4 or 8 leds and runs off 3 AAA Batteries. ive had it for about 3 years and no problems. I use it for everything from fireworks to camping.

B*gger! Alpkit haven't got any of the black ones in stock,
The red one works, with v quick delivery! I'm not convinced yet about the battery case, there doesn't seem to be enough lip for the rubbery cover to fit over reliably. 4 LEDs doesn't seem all that much brighter than 2, but that may be a focus artifact.

I'll keep you posted.

4 LEDs doesn't seem all that much brighter than 2, but that may be a focus artifact.

There's a manual of sorts here: http://www.alpkit.com/alpdocs/product-info/indigo.pdf, which says that Its actually a bit brighter with 2 LEDs than with 4. The idea being that with 4 LEDs you get a wider beam for doing stuff close up.

I particularly like this bit of the safety advice:

• A responsible adult must supervise use by children under the age of 12
  • Irresponsible adults must lie down and not touch anything

I think I subscribe to the view that head torches aren't really a good thing for work onstage during the show, so I guess I wouldn't worry about getting one in black either. But to be honest I haven't worked on a showcrew since LED head torches have been usable anyway. (Come to think of it, I really quite miss that aspect of my former life as a theatre luvvie, but I digress.)

Sean

x

Archived