Mirrors, for old scans!

Simon E

I’m after some new mirrors for my Coemar Microscan 3’s, unfortunately Coemar don’t produce the mirrors anymore, dose anybody out there know of a fixture that takes similar sized mirrors? (aprox. 100x140mm) or alternatively does anybody know someone who can supply custom mirrors?

Cheers

Si

Go through the Yellow Pages and find a local glazing company that has 2mm mirror glass, then get them to cut you a few to your dimensions.

They don't need to be oval - rectangular with the corners cut off to give an octagonal shape will work fine, just check that nothing binds.

Much cheaper than 'original' parts! :(

I was servicing my old (now long gone) Futurescan III M33's (those ones with the servos on them...), and had a broken mirror. I couldn't find any local supplier at the time, so I kindly asked Mother if she would mind me using her old pocket mirror. Had a looky at it, and sure enough, it was 2mm mirror, so out it came, and once trimmed, worked a treat! Had to do quite a lot of trimming of it though so the edges cleared the casing and lens!

2mm mirror cut to size, Try to find the adhesive used for replacement car door mirrors, failing that the sticky pads used for car number plates. Don't allow the mirror to be oversize, as overweight means lagging behind the DMX and prob missing a beat and pionting in the wrong place. try disco shops they sometimes have mirrors for scans.

Archived