moving light repair tools -t bar etc

24seven

Does any one know where you get the t bar hex driver etc for working on martin's etc

did have a whole bunch of tools some £$%^& :angry: stole them at a gig this wkend I didnt have to buy these tools was given them by a mate so have no idea where to go to replace them .......the other tools that went are easy to get at B&Q.

If any one finds tools with 24Seven written-burned or etched in to them and its not me give them a kick in the ass.

thanks

Mark W-E

You can get hold of the "Martin Style" ones from your local Martin Dealer also. By "Martin Style" I mean like the tool that you get after the General Service course.

I didnt get any tools got some lens cleaner that I then lost - I think I must be cursed I never get any free stuff from any one so not fair ** laughs out loud **

but any way thanks I will find out where the nearest martin dealer is...........then get angry when I find out how much this I going to cost me .

Thanks

Mark W-E

Ah well easy come easy go - Why the hell do people steal stuff from your tool box - well we know why but you know what I mean - I lose so much stuff every year feel like attaching everyting to long lengths of elastic every year have to replace 40% of my tools .

Mark W-E

Guaranteed though, if you stuck it to elastic, then you'd take a small grub screw out of a colour wheel hub, and the elastic would ping back, firing the sudenly invisible screw into oblivion! Now, if you combined the idea with a super efficient grub screw location tool, I think you might be on to something!

I've never taken apart any sort of moving light, so I don't know how helpful this is going to be, but you can buy T-bar hex keys from either Halfords or Machine Mart.

Here's a link to them from Machine Mart:

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product.asp?p...=2079&g=111

mmmm could be on to somthing I wonder how long the shaft is thats the critical bit

I actually have a set of these, and I've just measured the 2.5mm and 10mm ones.

The 2.5mm one has an 110mm long shaft.

The 10mm one has a 210mm long shaft.

Hope this helps. I've probably got the rest of them knocking about somewhere, these were just two random big and small keys that I happened to pull out.

I actually have a set of these, and I've just measured the 2.5mm and 10mm ones.

The 2.5mm one has an 110mm long shaft.

The 10mm one has a 210mm long shaft.

Hope this helps. I've probably got the rest of them knocking about somewhere, these were just two random big and small keys that I happened to pull out.

So are they long enough ? cant remeber how long the martin one is as the length is usful at times

Archived