Dimmer Pack with Faders

alexadamson

Hi,

I’m trying to put together a list of purchases for a new comedy night starting in Manchester. I am trying to get a price for a portable 15Amp dimmer pack that has individual channel faders included. After numerous Google searches I can’t seem to find one. We have a couple in rehearsal rooms where I work, but these are fixed installations and not portable, but I know they exist as I have seen them.

Hope somebody can help, cheers

Alex

Hi Gareth, thanks for your post.

Firstly, Can I just start by asking why you have to be so sarcastic with your post? You really didn’t have to take that approach with your reply as you could have just as easily stated that you found these websites.

Secondly, those dimmer packs aren’t exactly what I was looking for. The ones I had in mind were similar to the Zero 88 posted previously but have six 15Amp sockets on the front, and not input connections via terminals, as for what I need it for that’s not especially portable.

Hopefully you might find four more websites with exactly what I’m looking for as that would be helpful.

Hi Alex, it's Jay (former Salford Uni - Pav),

Have you tried looking for a Zero88 Betapack 2+ which has 6 channels of 10A dimming and faders built in (Outputs are Hardwired, but you could Socapex out to a 15A spider), or alternatively a Betapack 2 and Level6 controller to go with it, which has 2 x 15A per channel?

Both of them have DIN connections for control, so you could have the Level6 a little further away from the dimmer if you wanted.

Just a couple of thoughts - hope you are well!

Jay :(

Hello Alex

You may have Jands available in UK as thry have a 4 pack http://www.jands.com.au/jandsweb/lighting_dim_4pakc.html and Geni hav a 4 channel modulator http://www.showtech.com.au/products/geni/g...6/gencon006.gif and Showtec may have some.

You may need to look for dimmer/modulators or chasers to find what you are looking for as the dimmer faders are usually part of the portable package they are selling.

Don

As suggested earlier, you want a Zero88 Betapack plus or Betapack 2+, but for some reason Z88 dont list them on their website anymore, so I guess they are history. Which is a travesty. Zero88, what are you playing at?

...Zero88, what are you playing at?

They've been replaced by the Betapack 3.

Alex, one option you might want to look at is a very very basic 6 fader DMX output control desk. They can be had for around £40. Bolt one on the dimmer pack and it opens up the choice of pack.

Another option would be an anytronics dimmer pack that has 6ch with dual 15A outlets and local control. The slight issue may be the fact that the local control is done by rotary faders as opposed to actual sliders so if you want to fade them all up together it is very difficult. The model you are after is the D610CB with an order code of K149. Let us know if you need more info

Firstly, Can I just start by asking why you have to be so sarcastic with your post?

Not particularly sarcastic - certainly no more so than MarkPAMan's "get two" comment. If you don't like what I post, don't read it.

You said you wanted a portable 6-way dimmer with local fader control, I gave you four links - I'm sorry I didn't work out from your post that you wanted 15A sockets on the front - you should've mentioned it if it's important. Look for a second-hand Betapack or Act6 (the older versions with one outlet per channel and six local faders). I'm not aware of a modern product which fits your requirements.

Archived