Transport, London to Scotland

bruce

I need to transport a prop (approximately the size of a large sofa) from the London (near Heathrow) area to Scotland (20 miles west of Glasgow) sometime over the next few weeks. I don't suppose anyone knows of an empty van running north - I was hoping someone might be heading towards Edinburgh at the end of festival time with an empty van, who would be prepared to make a quick detour west for some beer money.....

The current plan is to wait for the next time one of the local removals companies is doing a "move south", and returning empty - but at present most of the work is people who are moving north, so the vans are loaded when heading to Scotland...

Any other suggestions?

Bruce.

One Company worth a query to would be Kilmarnock Removals. 01563 520001. OK they are commercial movers but they do weekly runs South. Also the office is full of am-drams so you could try your luck. These guys move and store our Baby Grand piano for us.

I am not bringing anything up from down south imminently - it would be November before panto sets start a-flying.

[20 miles west of glasgow - isn't that a bit watery?]

I have spoken to them - in fact they were my first port of call. It's just a case of waiting until they, or another local remover, have "a lorry in the area".

isn't that a bit watery?

No - still dry land, but only just..... at the seaside! (actually it's more southwestish...)

I have spoken to them - in fact they were my first port of call. It's just a case of waiting until they, or another local remover, have "a lorry in the area".

isn't that a bit watery?

No - still dry land, but only just..... at the seaside! (actually it's more southwestish...)

Largs?, Gourock?Ayr?

Give us a clue!

Archived