Cable "Peg" Rack

Pete

Ive just done a search,and couldn't find anything relevant.

I'm after one of those racks that you see in warehouses to keep my control cables on.Can't seem to find anyone or anything related on google.

Just to specify more its the ones that have weighted bases and pegs at a forty five degree angle on them. Ideally on wheels.

Cheers in advance!

(I thought forty had a u?)

I'll add another vote to the "build your own" lobby.

We just took standard steel scaff pipe (rough cost thrupence ha'penny per metre) and chopped it up into suitable sizes. We were able to wedge a long piece between two girders, and get some vertical sections going between that and the floor. Then we cut some short pegs to come out.

Probably cost £150 of bar and clamps, and five grinding discs :D

The advantage of using clamps rather than welding is that you can move the pegs around to suit cable size, and dismantle the whole thing if you need to move premises.

Thinking of some new cable racking myself. Was planning to speak to a local metal fabricator to make up some lighter duty frames using that small, square-section steel tube and give it a nice hammerite finish. With some flanges on the rear it can be bolted directly to a spare wall.

Steve

Thinking of some new cable racking myself. Was planning to speak to a local metal fabricator to make up some lighter duty frames using that small, square-section steel tube and give it a nice hammerite finish. With some flanges on the rear it can be bolted directly to a spare wall.

Steve

Let me know how much it costs

Thats what we built, it cost no more than £150 (we own a mig welder, grinders etc, so this cut the cost down a bit) I would say not to bother with Hammerite paint, its expensive. We used basic red oxide paint, gave the metal a de-grease and then 2 coats, as the scaff is galv, we didnt paint these. Worked a treat.

Archived