Changing the voltage of a Robocolor 400

thinkoutside

Is there any way to change the voltage on a Martin RoboColor Pro 400 from 220v to 110v? I know some of the lights have transformers you can rewire. If this is possible please give details on how and what parts I may need and what all this will cost. Thanks!

Hi, it's not possible I'm afraid. There is a version that will operate on US 60Hz supplies but only at 220 (ish) volts, to use those on 110v you need to use a step-up transformer.

As a general rule:

Open up the fixture, and follow the wires from the power connector/power switch.

If they are soldered to the board, it CANNOT be done.

If they are connected to the board with a removable connector:

- If there is only one connector, it CANNOT be done.

- If there are one or more 'spare' connectors, it MAY be possible.

The connectors should be labelled something like "110v 60Hz" "230v 50 Hz" and the like.

The main exceptions to this are auto-ranging power supplies, which are fairly rare.

As always, you're best off contacting the manufacturer, as their service engineers know much more about their products than anybody else.

Pro 400 have an EU and US model which have different voltage ranges.

You need to get a step-down transformer from Martin that does the job for these fixtures.

You need to get a step-down transformer from Martin that does the job for these fixtures.

Are you proposing a transfoer that fits inside the unit?

If not why would you need to go to the trouble and expense of sourcing it from Martin? Any suitably rated transformer would do.

The Martin unit is an external one.

When I've had this problem in the past I've just used the Martin transformers, so I guess I can only recommend what I know works well.

Archived