Theatre-style playback opn a Behringer LC2412

benweblight

Yes, it is there, its called 'theater mode' and allows use to user the chaser section as one big stack, couldn't figure out what the go button was from the manual though

Are you sure on mine a can not see any 'go' button, or in the manual there is not nothing about it ?

have a look on page 15 of the manual, you use the "step" key to advance, rather than a go button,

basically you programme your show into a chase, then play the chase so it advances on step,

you are limited to a total of 99 cues, but this should be enough for most shows!

have a look on page 15 of the manual, you use the "step" key to advance, rather than a go button,

basically you programme your show into a chase, then play the chase so it advances on step,

you are limited to a total of 99 cues, but this should be enough for most shows!

I assume you can allocate a different in and out time to each step of the chase?

absolutely no idea! the one and only (and hopefully last) time I've used a behringer desk was in a simple preset mode for a static scene controlling 3 channels of dimming, and that took about 10 minutes to get working, and involved resetting about 4 times until it actually did reset!

I hope that noone got anything against that I do some copy-paste from the LC2412 manual:

7.4 Theater mode

You have the option to store a long sequence (99 steps) so

that you can define an individual crossfade time for each step.

This way, you can uploade a framework for a complete theater

piece into the chase storage, and then expand it with presets

and memories. Therefore, think of theater mode as a special kind

of chase programming. To let time sequences be flexibely

configured, subsequent steps are not controlled automatically

or via a sound signal source. Instead, they are triggered

individually by hand.

Basic setup of the theater mode

To work in theater mode, the following conditions must be met:

s Chase control via the internal beat generator (RUN) must be

deactivated,

s Chase control via an external audio signal (SOUND) must be

deactivated,

s MANUAL

must be deactivated,

s INSERT

also has to be deactivated.

7.4.1 Activating theater mode

To activate theater mode, do the following:

1. Press the UTILITY 1 key.

2. Using the SOFT B key, select the “MORE” option.

3. After that, you can activate/deactivate theater mode using

the SOFT B key.

4. To go back to the main menu, press the QUIT key. When

theater mode is active, a “T” is shown in the display

7.4.2 Programming fading times in theater mode

Since theater mode presents a special kind of chases, it also

uses the menu and chase controls to program steps. Similarly,

theater mode sequences are stored as chases.

To program steps for a chase in theater mode, do the following:

1. Activate the theater mode, as described previously.

2. Press the CHASE key

and select a chase.

3. Select “LEVEL” or “MEMORY”.

4. Modify the desired step or select a memory.

5. Press the SOFT A key for “ENTER”.

6. Use the DATA wheel to select the desired fade time (up to

10 sec.). A fade time is displayed if one is already set up.

7. Select “CONT” (continue) option using the SOFT A key. This

saves your programming and lets you enter the next step

and fade time.

8. Press the QUIT key to go back to the main menu.

+

Just like with chases and memories, stored fading

times can also be stored on a memory card.

So yes, fader times can be changed.

Older Zero88 desks did exactly the same thing, using the chaser as a stack, not a new trick.

Hmmm...

Must have a look see whether the Strand 200 can do the same...!

TD

It can run a basic cue stack quite happily. You can crossfade sequentially, using timed fades, along the submasters (48 or 96, depending on the version of the desk you have). You can also add links to create an out-of-order sequence, enabling very basic insertion of 'point' cues, etc.

It can run a basic cue stack quite happily. You can crossfade sequentially, using timed fades, along the submasters (48 or 96, depending on the version of the desk you have). You can also add links to create an out-of-order sequence, enabling very basic insertion of 'point' cues, etc.

Yup - I'd got that sussed last week, but the idea of using the 99-step chase/FX machine as a cue stack appeals.

Currently doing (as I was dragged over!!) the primary school musical at the place my wife teaches (lovely!!) and using the 200 as I thought it would be a nice, easy plot...

Then the wife comes up with a 63-cue cue sheet! As the 200 is only a 12/24, that means that with just 2 pages of subs there's only 48 possible scenes. Fortunately, there are the obligatory black outs (or more accurately brown-outs, as this is a typical boxy school hall with semi-translucent window blinds!! :D) so that takes us down to 49! And as cue 49 is the same low-level preset as cue 1, we got it stitched!! Until, that is, we find we need something in the middle!! Or they decide there are a half-dozen other cues that were missed....

So the idea of 99 'cues' is interesting.

Of course the almost laughable catastrophe of the week was when I went to the school last Friday, expecting there to be the promised set of brand new wall-mounted 63A (or 32A if they didn't have the supply) Ceeform sockets ready for me to plug the Beta Packs in to. I'd spoken to the head, explained in lay-terms what I was recommending, e-mailed her the basic spec, even included a photo of the Ceeform socket....

I said "Where's the power, then?" and I was pointed at - wait for it - three double-gang 13A sockets above the door. On one single-phase r1ng ma1n!! Very nice, neat row, very clean & white ..... but of course TOTALLY not what I'd asked for.

Why am I surprised? I'd told her (the head) to get the council sparks to call me to confirm, but apparently he'd said he understood exactly when he surveyed the job!! Obviously not!! :(

So - the head's got them coming back out on Monday morning!!! Shame, as this little school show starts on Tuesday. Just means I got to go back to spreading the load of 3 6-way packs across 3 cabled 13A sockets from different locations and be very careful about loading etc!

Harumph!!

Archived