Timelapse Videos

spinmaster1

Hi,

Maybe there are only a few people who like time-lapse videos of rigging/derigging but I think they're great. Does anyone have any links to some time-lapse rig/derig videos. I've seen the Peter Gabriel one on his Secret World (1994) DVD with his masculine and feminine stages linked with a long stage with a conveyor belt. That's amazing. :blink:

Views and opinions on the time-lapse videos also welcome.

Cheers, Rob.

They're something I always think looks cool too. Have tried a couple myself, that succeeded and failed to various extents. Also some links to some others which are already online are available here. I might try and tidy some of mine up and put them online over the summer if I get a chance.

This year's Eurovision one may also be available online somewhere

PN

Theres quite a good one on the Robbie Williams Knebworth DVD, that is filmed 24x7, and goes from green field to green field with everything inbetween.

I like, I wish there were more technical type stuff in general on vid. Its the voyeur in me B-)

The IMAX down in Bristol had (maybe still does) a time-lapse of the entire system being installed, which used to play in the foyer. Of particular interest was the speaker system being rigged in behind the screen.

My mate has this setup on his website of an event he does each year: http://www.vividbroadcast.com/theatre.asp?film=timelapse and it is quite funky - esp when the 45' Fly By Nite truck pulls into the cow shed!

I need to work out how to put some of the ones I have filmed onto a website - Basement Jaxx: 'Do Your Thing' is a very good track to set a timelaps of this nature to I find!

Beware having your $*&^ ups filmed! Sails go down. Rigging happens. Sails go up. LD appears. scratish head. Sails come down. Fixture moves. Sails go back up. Funny because it wasn't me. Frankly probably still funny if it had been.

Archived