Small Vocal Echo Unit

big-ben

While I'm sure there are some such units, and I'm equally sure that you'll get a number of suggestions, you should be aware that the majority of such units are designed to work on line-level signals rather than mic level.

I am looking to add some echo to a microphone. Ideally I would like a small in-line unit, similar to the pedals used by guitarists. Is there such a thing and if not, what other options do I have???

I've seen plenty of people use guitar effects on microphones. Technically it isn't ideal because the levels and impedances aren't correct but it works in non-critical situations. I would guess that there are better solutions nowadays - I just can't think of anything small and affordable.

Cheers

James.

You could use an effects box on the vocal channels insert and use a footswitch to activate the effects?

I know most, if not all Lexicon units have a footswitch option and most others will have too.

Hope this helps.

You could use an effects box on the vocal channels insert and use a footswitch to activate the effects?

I know most, if not all Lexicon units have a footswitch option and most others will have too.

Hope this helps.

I know its Behringer (splutter) but hey!!

http://www.behringer.com/FEX800/FEX800_medium.jpg

The other small effects unit with a footswitch that I know of is the Alesis Nanoverb. Not a great unit, but cheap and not too bad a sound on vocals.

...but both this and the Behringer still have the previously mentioned problem of needing a line level input.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c188/Bobbsy/ALESISNANOVERB.jpg

Bob

my choice would be a TC M-One. It has a footswitch input.

Ideallt you'd be running it off an aux-return combo, but it will work equally well on an insert. You'd want to make sure your insert is post-eq though I would have thought.

Archived