Fake Eggs

timmiddleton

Hi

I know there is already a topic on here about fake eggs but this one is slightly different. I'm after about thirty or forty fake eggs to be pretend-painted by actors on stage and arranged in a basket. I've thought about hard boiling real ones but I think they'd be too delicate. Any suggestions?

Tim

Hard boil real ones.

Or, try a magic suppliers (eg Davenports) or joke shop as they often stock fake plastic or rubber eggs for a production effect known as "The Egg Bag"

Hard boil real ones.

I'd also recommend going for the cheap (cheep..?? :blink:) & cheerful option of hard-boiling your own. To be honest, all you'll need is a few spares to cater for breakages.

Experiment with varnishes (matt, preferably, if they're painting them) to see what may help with the strength. Just feels daft really to pay to buy fake items when the real thing is dirt cheap...

Tony

I did Mother Goose a couple of years ago, where we did the 'don't sit on the eggs' gag. this involved blowing a squillion eggs, nearly passing out and convincing my household I was completely bonkers, and also feeding the omlette, scrambled eggs, souffle, omlette and more omlette for ages.

The eggs looked great though, we used shellac and they were completely bullet proof. When you are blowing make sure you have a very sharp thin needle otherwise the eggs crack, as I found out to my cost!

Good Luck!

Archived