Pyrotechnic Controllers

Wuddy

I have just been reading the postings about the use of Tallescopes with people on board and how the operators of such equipment are, quite rightly, against using the tallescope in contridiction to the manufacturers guidance, which says not to move it whilst occupied.

This is because they believe, that in the event of an accident they could be prosecuted for failling to follow the manufactures instruction.

I've also been reading the postings in the 'pyro & effects' section where discussion is taking place about building home made pyro controllers and DMX controlled ones at that.

My point is that of all the pyrotechnic products I have ever come across, it has always been the manufacturers instruction to operate the 'effects' using the manufacturers own control system.

Therfore I would assume that in the event of an accident the HSE would apply similar criteria to a prosecution, That the operator had ignored the manufacturers instruction.

Perhaps the 'pyromaniacs' ought to read the Tallescope article and imbibe some sensible observations.

Therfore I would assume that in the event of an accident the HSE would apply similar criteria to a prosecution, That the operator had ignored the manufacturers instruction.

Not necessarily. The ABTT Code of Practice for pyrotechnics has a section on the requirements of self-built firing units so it's not entirely out of the question.

ok I'm with you on that, but.

I'm not going to drag qotes from another thread into here but if you have a look at Willhills' coments on the tallescope discussion, the HSE seem to be saying, show us that your operation method is as good as the manufacturers and ours (HSE) and we'll consider wether you can use it.

So you need this detrimation before you use the other method.

I should say there is a strong possibility the HSE would adopt a similar attitude to pyro detination or indeed any operation carried out in disregard to the manufacturers instructions.

Why don't some of the 'pyromaniacs' (no offence intended, just sounded like a good title) contact the HSE and get a comment. It would certainly clarify the issue.

I've been near the sticky end of the HSE in the past, not directly involved, but near enough to know HSE is a powerfull beast.

Archived