Hire of dance floor

Does anyone know of where to hire a grey dance floor from - needs to cover an area approx 11m x 14m and be of a reasonable standard - similar to Harlequin Studio or Cascade flooring. It must be grey - I can find black flooring to hire but not grey.....

Hire period is for 1 week in July and will be needed in SW London.

Harlequin do a reversible dance floor ("harlequin reversible" funnily enough! :)) that is slightly thinner than the cascade. and they do a black/grey one. the only places I can imagine would hire them are set hire/construction companies though...

the one I've got only covers 8m by 8m... :unsure:

Ricardo

My problem is that I need to hire the flooring rather than buy - and Harlequin only sell (apart from black flooring that they can hire)

The reversible is a bit too thin for my needs, and normally it is the white or grey side that is rolled up on the outside, so protecting the more usually used black side, and then the white side gets dirty and horrible......

But thanks anyway - I've tried quite a few of the scenic companies and am getting nowhere at the moment....

I have a fair bit...but I'm a good long way away.

Try Ian Brown at the Place, or Fay at the Laban centre - they're similar places, and should have some lying around. It'll probably be the reversible, though.

• 3 weeks later...

im touring some gray floor with london studio centres images of dance, dont know if they would hire it out but the tour finishes on the 9th of july at the peacock in town. worth a call but dont know who you would speak to!

pete

Thanks Pete,

I've put it all on hold at the moment as we may now be using sheets of ply or similar .... as soon as someone makes a decision I'll make a start on obtaining what is required!

Just an update for you all - the decision is now to lay 8mm MDF flooring - so dance floor not longer required... Thanks for all the help though.

• 7 months later...

Hello, sort of a bump to this thread.

For a show coming up at uni in Bath, we need to hire grey dancefloor for our stage (9m by 11m).

We have looked into buying, but we currently only have one show where we would need it, as most of the touring shows we recieve that need grey bring it with them, so the cost to buy is a bit too great. Therefore, does anyone know of anywhere within reach of Bath, ie not more than 50 miles or so, that hires it.

I've talked to the companies we normally use, and have searched the websites of the local ones we don't, but have so far drawn a blank.

Anyway, any suggestions would be great, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
(QI ALARM BELLS 1...GO!) Actually, Henry Ford never said that.

Have you tried going to Harlequin directly? According to this press release, They now do a hire service; including install and removal. Bit far from bath though...

OFF Topic but...

Quoted from Henry Ford's Autobiography: Ford, My Life and Work. Chapter 4

(Available from the Gutenburg Library)

"Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black"

Pedantic but at least he wrote it in his book, so I would assume that he did at some point say it as well. there were technical reasons for the decision however, as black paint dried far quicker than any other colour, thus making production faster.

• 2 years later...

Archived