Which bulb?

AndrewGrant

You can also use 1.2kW T29s in Starlettes - and maybe this is Andrew's problem if the lantern hasn't been adapted to take them (or if the lantern has been adapted for T29 and its still got a T11 lamp in).

Although they have the same pins I don't believe that T11s and T29s are directly interchangeable as the T11 is physically smaller than the T29. Therefore although Starlettes (and Cantatas) can use both T29 and T11 lamps, changing from one type to another will require lampholder realignment or the beam will be poor.

I had a very similar problem not so long ago with some Cantata Fs - they normally use T29s but someone in the venue had replaced blown lamps with T11s. This was giving two hotspots in the beam with a dark line in between; particularly noticable at narrow angle. This was because the smaller lamp was not aligning with the reflector correctly.

Cheers,

David

You can also use 1.2kW T29s in Starlettes

Really? I've never come across a Starlette that's been adapted to take a T29 (and I've encountered more Starlettes in the last 10 years than I care to remember!)

Although they have the same pins I don't believe that T11s and T29s are directly interchangeable as the T11 is physically smaller than the T29

Absolutely correct - the filament in a T29 sits slightly higher than that in a T11.

I had a very similar problem not so long ago with some Cantata Fs - they normally use T29s but someone in the venue had replaced blown lamps with T11s. This was giving two hotspots in the beam with a dark line in between; particularly noticable at narrow angle. This was because the smaller lamp was not aligning with the reflector correctly.

The Cantata is very easy to change from one to the other - the metal plate with the lamp holder on it slides into one of two slots on the lamp tray - the low one for T29s, the high one for T11s.

You can also use 1.2kW T29s in Starlettes

Really? I've never come across a Starlette that's been adapted to take a T29 (and I've encountered more Starlettes in the last 10 years than I care to remember!)

In a venue I used to work at all the Starlettes were fitted with T29s although that may have been because T11's were not used and they didn't have many spares.

I've never come across a Starlette that's been adapted to take a T29

Actually, come to think of it I think that might be complete tosh! I think I'm confusing them with the old ADB fresnels .... weren't there two versions of the Starlette, one which looked like the old ADBs and a nwere one with a red grab handle and tilt lock? My brian hurts ...

There are several different versions of the starlette Fresnel, some have an adjustable height plate that the lampholder sits on, earlier ones do not.

It is only the later ones that will take the T29. I think the design changed in about '88 or '89. All the ones with captive mains leads only take the T11/19.

shane

There are several different versions of the starlette Fresnel, some have an adjustable height plate that the lampholder sits on, earlier ones do not.

It is only the later ones that will take the T29. I think the design changed in about '88 or '89. All the ones with captive mains leads only take the T11/19.

Ah, that'll be it, then. I think I'm mixing up the Mk1 and Mk2 Starlettes and the old ADB fresnels.

Right, I'd better go and find Brian andapologise to him ... :)

Archived