Concert Recording

DSA

Oh and where is the cheapest place to buy CD-Rs???

I presume it will be cheaper to buy in bulk (eg 50 or 100).

It should also have a covering over the make etc. on the CD...are those stickers expensive?

Thanks,

David

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks, but I was hoping to do it all on the AW4416 for a few reasons:

----------

Thanks,

David

PS I dont think that my laptop will quite be up to the job with its on-board sound.

New here! BTW, what brand, type, speed of your laptop? Don't discount it just because it has on-board sound - it may in fact not be on-board, but perhaps an Ensoniq (ESS) daughter-card. Dell and Gateway still do this on some of their laptop models.

If your laptop is 400MHz or more (CPU speed) and you can cram at least 256MB ram, have about 1-2GB free HD space for the overall edit your looking to, download and install the Free Soundprobe software - it is fairly amazing for being free.

Now stop me here - your mixer/multi-track deck has a cd-burner built in? And hard-drive? There is software installed as shipped, I don't quite understand the real problem here now, the concert is over I take it? You would have time to edit now?

The laptop is an evesham voyager model, about 2 years old, with a celeron 700 Mhz processor and 128Mb RAM. Quite a bit of disk space left as not really used much at moment.

However, the concert is indeed over, and I will just write the whole song to CD, import it into cool edit and split it up there.

I am now looking for a freeware program to run the christmas entertainment from (via PC). It will involve solo singing to backing, 'awards ceremony' sound snippets, and sound fx. Any ideas for a freeware cueing system, where it can all be loaded in previously, and then played back as on a lighting desk...

Well I say freeware, but I expect there might be a demo version of something on the net, or there is Ahem, Kazaa, Ahem.

Oh did I say that out aloud.....silly me.

David

Archived