Roland U-110 Sound Module

timmiddleton

Hi

I've just inherited a U-110 which I'm told is pretty good for EP sounds and just generally useful to have kicking around. Anyway, I've rigged it up with my MIDI keyboard and replaced the system battery which was flat, but I can only get an audible output when the volume control on the front is on full and the sound I get out is horribly distorted when more than one note is pressed.

Any quick fixes for this or is it a job for the nearest Roland technician?

thanks

Tim

It's been years since I used one of these, but it was a fairly useful unit at the time. But it's been around since the late 80s - must be at least 18-19 years old now.

Have you checked the output levels on the other outputs rather than the main outs (there are 6, aren't there?)?

I was also going to suggest a "reset to factory defaults", but I'd guess changing the battery woudl do that :)

Have you checked the output levels on the other outputs rather than the main outs (there are 6, aren't there?)?

I was also going to suggest a "reset to factory defaults", but I'd guess changing the battery woudl do that <_<

Tried all the outputs, and the level's low on the headphone output too. seems like a strange problem!

yep - I'd have thought the battery change would reset the unit. I had the same problem before the new battery though so it's not the replacement that's caused this problem!

Tim

Archived