Another rigging accident!

Suzette

Destiny's Child star Beyonce Knowles' first solo gig in the UK came close to being cancelled last night after a stage manager fell 50ft from a lighting rig. The accident happened seconds before Beyonce was due to go on stage at the MEN arena in Manchester. The 30,000 people in the audience were unaware of the drama unfolding behind the stage curtains.

They booed and whistled as a compere announced a delay and it was an hour before paramedics could move the man to hospital.

When Beyonce, 22, finally took to the stage she was lowered down from the same lighting rig, hanging upside down from a trapeze.

She told the crowd about the accident, asking them to pray for the victim and dedicating a Destiny Child's medley to him. (from today's newspaper)

Was the stage manager in the rig without a harness or did his fall arrest system fail?? Does anyone know any more? Let's hope he recovers from his injuries.

can I just say that I am currently on tour with beyonce and the tour manager did not fall from the lighitng rig!!! no fall arrest was necessary .

he did how ever fall a short distance off the stage left side of the stage.

it was not an hour before they could move him,

the show was delayed due to the show not being technically ready,

he suffered no injuries but a brusied pride,

yes beyonce was lowered in buit not from the lighting rig but from a seperate truss (rigged but foys flying),

30000 people were not in the audience as a seated MEN can only hold about 15000,

I wish people would get their facts right before speading nasty rumours. it is rumours like this that give our business a bad reputation and cause unnecessary H&S regs to come into being.

any more info can be provided

Thanks for the true info - I'm very glad that it was just bruised pride and nothing more serious. I'm sure that the tour is being operated professionally, however there are people in this business who do cut corners and do cause accidents - which does give us all a bad name.

Perhaps the tour company ought to speak the national newspaper concerned about printing such an article that is obviously not true. But may I just say that the reason that I put the posting on was to find out the truth, and not to cause offence to anyone working on the tour. I'm glad the truth is out, and that no serious injuries occurred.

I apologise if I offended trussmonkey, or others connected to the show - it was not intentional.

Archived