Pearl and 'tap twice to set speed'

pscandrett

FWIW, the only tricky part is deciding when something is a 'first tap' or not. After that, the accuracy of two taps depends on the operator. We allow you to keep tapping if a user needs more than two to find the beat. I'm not sure about Avo.

I tend to use it a fair bit - albeit to cheat a little really, I suppose; I guess it's fairly obvious since I started the thread! I did a gig last night for example and found it quite irritating that it was out, but hey... the bug could be a show stopper, I suppose.

AFAICT the Pearl (again, slightly irritatingly) takes the time per pairs of taps... so although one might tap the button 4 or 8 times to get the beat, it's only the last two that set the time. So, annoyingly, if you do an odd number (say 5), then the speed is set according to the gap between taps 3 and 4. Then, of course, if you leave it for a bit and find you need to adjust it, the first tap you do is classed as the 6th and you end up with a long slow chase until you get back into the 'pairs' it expects! If it were done on a rolling basis (or even an average over the last four taps or something) it would be even better...

Peter (wandering off to find the Avo forum)

Archived