4kw amplifier

Rich newby

Hi Rich

Er

It all sounds wrong to me Rich, nice chat about amps but.... I advise that you purchase 12 spare HF drivers and 6 spare LF drivers for each box you install because you will be changing this many each year.

I dont tend to take much notice of manufacturers amp reccomendations and I go by experience... but HK will tell you the reccomended RMS rating for your Premium Pro 112 is 400W. The max SPL of a 112 is 128dB ... kind of crap for pro PA, but then its not pro PA is it?

If you try to get headroom back that the box efficieny is not giving you in the first place by over specing the amp you are going to buy your client a nightmare.

Actually I think this gear (HK) sounds half decent... untill the smoke starts comming out in your case.

Ignore or accept.

Go find yourself 3db more efficiency in the boxes and half your amp requirement,

What SPL do you need? Where? And with what headroom?

Mark

Generally, for systems of this size, and generally working with a professional about £8k for a 3-4kw system. However this can go upto £13k and down to, well this budget.

Rich

Hi Rich

Please dont take this the wrong way but I am just curious. :o

How do you convince people to trust you with £13K of there money being the age you are! Have a job at my age - over 30 (but still a teenager at heart) - to convince people on spending that much.

All I can say is that you are honoured being trusted - when I was your age I was selling my train set to buy gear!! & working with hand-me-down tandy mixers!! Not to mention having no credit card driving licence etc. etc & now I wish I was a teenager again.!

Andi

You are totally right, I sometimes don't trust myself! I will always consult a pro or just give a manufacture a call as back up. Of course this is only when I'm not already working with a pro. It is a risky business but most trust is earned by word of mouth.

Rich

Archived