blackout help

techieguru

I own 4 elation power wash 250s and I have run into the problem of them not wanting to blackout. as in when I put their dimmer at 0 or press the blackout button they do not blackout all the way. I am not sure if this is a common problem with these lights or not. please get back to me

thanks,

taylor

I own 4 elation power wash 250s and I have run into the problem of them not wanting to blackout. as in when I put their dimmer at 0 or press the blackout button they do not blackout all the way. I am not sure if this is a common problem with these lights or not. please get back to me

thanks,

taylor

Hey,

is there a pre-heat setting on your dimmers?

Firstly, I hope you're not running your movers through dimmers, as strandgsx seems to be insinuating!

A common problem with many low-end moving lights is that they don't have a true dimmer wheel, instead they use the shutters to create a blackout. As such, if the shutters are ever so slightly misaligned, the movers won't black out properly. Depending on your level of skill, you may be able to realign the shutters yourself, or may require the movers to be serviced.

As a temporary fix (and I stress temporary, as this is particularly bad for the units!), try mixing a very dark colour with the colour wheels (full CMY produces an almost blackout colour). Don't use this solution for any duration, though, as the colours will damage the reflector and the dichroics.

Hey,

is there a pre-heat setting on your dimmers?

I think he means the dimmer wheel. If they are anything like the Martin MiniMacs, and they have a blade that moves in front of the beam, maybe it's either getting caught on itself or some wiring and not closing all the way, or it's zero position is not set correctly and it's going past closed to let light out on the back side.

maybe?

Archived