Book Issues.

Yeah I'm exactly the same with my S/B's my personnel preference is to try and leave them as flexible as possible, However I do try to keep a rhythm to my calling as I find it keeps me and the crew :stagecrew: comfortable with the show.

Wilko

• 2 weeks later...

wow formatted book writing.

It has allways worried me that one day I might die on the way to a show and then be stood at the pearly gates only to be dragged down to the firey place because the show was cancelled as no-one could decipher my book. Am taking all this thread onboard as I have to teach it in a few months. Generaly I agree burn all pens exept lumimarkers and books are mainly personal preference anyone who doesnt get the idea or can't just make it up by feeling shouldnt be in the job.

It has allways worried me that one day I might die on the way to a show and then be stood at the pearly gates only to be dragged down to the firey place because the show was cancelled as no-one could decipher my book

I was thinking about this yesterday and have spent most of my day putting all my notes and cues into english that a normal bod could understand to run the show.

Hmm - if you could expand this further I would be most greatful.

I (personally) cannot see how a red dot would work. Whilst it cetainly marks (spacially) where a standby would be, from what I imagin, it would be too large and unmanageable... and permanant.

An image like this:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/maccalder/th_promptcopy.jpg

would certainly help me understand exactly how you use it.

it's not that exciting really, all I do is once I've marked in cue points and standbys (in pencil!) I mark the standby point in my script with a wee red dot similar to the kind you use on year planners, and a corresponding one beside the standby details. I have to admit that it works best for shows which are cue-light or ones where there are big gaps between cues as you can skip through the script quickly and know you've got 3 pages/10 minutes or whatever to the next cue. Also, as far as the visibility of the cue detail goes, once the cues are firm I go over them in a heavier pencil. Sorry for the lack of diagram, hope this makes sense!

• 3 weeks later...
wow formatted book writing.

It has allways worried me that one day I might die on the way to a show and then be stood at the pearly gates only to be dragged down to the firey place because the show was cancelled as no-one could decipher my book.

Should I die on my way to a show, I would like the ensuing mayhem to be as great as possible - they jolly well better cancel the performance.. <_<

Archived