Audio Hardware

Matt

hi guys and girls, havent posted in a long time, been very busy heh heh...

... anyway I have come into some money and was wondering if any of you could recommend any decent compressors, graphic eq's and reverb things.

would be much appreiciated,

thanks

Matt.

Approximate price range...?

I like: (and use, in more than one venue)

Drawmer 441 Quad compressors

BSS Opal Graphics (sound great - build quality is perhaps a little questionable)

Yamaha SPX 990 reverb

But it all depends how much you have to spend.

As Bryson said its all down to price cheaper end of the scale you've got behringer which I have to say for the price I like there outboards not so keen on there other gear. I personally use

Drawer/BSS Compressors and gates (opal stuff is cheaper and good)

Klark Teknik / BSS Graphics

I'm in love with TC electronic gear atm the m300 is a good cheap reverb

Alesis Midiverb good for delays

Give us some ideas of price!?

Hope thats some help

Is this for your own use?

Have you thought of something like an 01v96? that contains, 4 REV500's, comp and gate on every channel, full parametric eq on every output?

(OK I like them :rolleyes: )

I guessed so james... yes it is mainly for my own use... but for some productions we do at vairous locations which do not even have a sound desk, we use our own desk. prices would probably stretch tyo around £200 for each piece of kit.

cheers

Matt

If you only have £200 per peice of kit look at berhingher or Alto Pro audio.... You will lose some audio qualtity by not spending "enough", and you may even introduce some lovely hums and hiss's to the system........... but hey £200 for a Graohic or £900....... take your pick! :o)

well you know what I'd rather like, but due to the fact the system that it will be used on in the first place, there would be no point inspending that much, but its just to start out doing stuff etc... I originally wanted to do sound, but got roped into lights, but now I have a lot of opportunities to do sound stuff.

Archived