Avolites Visualliser

Pheamer

Hi guys, Help required please.

I have installed both the Avolites Visualliser and Pearl Simulator on my PC. Both seem to be working but I cant get them to talk to each other. Any suggestions please. Ideally I'm looking to pre program a show, save it to desk, and head off to the gig.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers

:P - incomplete font tag removed. Standard text is adequate for forum posts - fonts and formatting not required unless it's to add emphasis or draw attention to something.

Apart from clicking the "simulator" box in the DMX menu on the left hand side there's nothing else you should need to do. It might be worth loading up the demo theatre and then load the demo showdisk into the simulator to see if the two talk to eachother then. I assume all your fixtures are patched in the simulator as they're addressed in the visualiser - the auto address function in the visualiser is helpful to help make sure everything matches up.

Hi, and thanks for the reply.

I have been trying to get things going by putting four Mac 250's on a new theatre in visualliser, then patching in the Mac's on the virtual desk. Addresses match up and I have sometimes been able to get the lamps to spark up, but get no response from pan and tilt, gobo, etc etc. I have put visualliser on to simulator mode but so far no success. Occaisionally I have had error messages from the virtual desk saying no cache file present (or similiar) .

Any theories?

Archived