Connections

allsounds

Hi - Looking for some help,

On a ligting desk I came across this evening there is a 10 pin din style connection on the input, is there a 'proper' name for this type of connection or is it just a 10 pin DIN? - have done a google but with no result.

any help appreciated

matt francis

Hi - Looking for some help,

On a ligting desk I came across this evening there is a 10 pin din style connection on the input, is there a 'proper' name for this type of connection or is it just a 10 pin DIN?

I've personally never come across a 10 pin din, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

However, it would help considerably if you could tell us what the lighting desk is....

TD

Never seen a 10-pin DIN myself... Plenty of 8-pinners (analogue 0-10V control), but never 10... Could be a propietry dimmer, or other interface (I know that Zero88 products use 8-pin DINs on their modern desks for remote gos, could it be something similar?)... Got a name for the desk? Checked the manual?

Back in the days of yesteryear DIN plugs on desks used to either be to plug up a cassette recorder to "save" the show onto i.e. tempus M24 or sound to light I can't remember if they where 10 pin or not but they where DIN plugs

Baz

Opera North

it has a similar pin format to a din cable and has the same usage. I cannot see the reason for using these type of cables as 8 pin din would suffice as there only running 6 channels from the dimmer. once I have more information I will let you all know. would have taken a picture but my camera on my phone has broken

Possibly Master/Slave connection as adcuz says?

I'm sure I used to use an old analogue desk which could be used like that so the A, B and Grand Masters on the master desk would also control the Slave, then you could have two banks of 48 channels. Never actually used it tho as we only had one desk and 24 channels on the dimmers.

Archived