Fresnel Lenses

Brian

Remember those plastic Fresnel lenses that you used to able to put in front of a TV to make it look bigger? Anyone know where to get one in the UK? I found some small (7" x 10") ones on e-bay but I'm looking for something a bit bigger (A3+).

• 2 weeks later...

Greenweld have a 26" screen - they're at Greenweld

I saw the lens in their paper catalogue, but no doubt you'll find it online. It's part number HLL 1103 (though it is a whopping £29.99 :rolleyes: )

They also have, for £9.99, a "My first clock kit" consisting of all the cogs etc that might be handy for small-scale Cinderella pantos this year, when you want to manually make the clock strike midnight before the DSM turns you into a pumpkin!

They also have, for £9.99, a "My first clock kit" consisting of all the cogs etc that might be handy for small-scale Cinderella pantos this year, when you want to manually make the clock strike midnight before the DSM turns you into a pumpkin!

Last time we needed one of these I built it out of Mecanno, complete with proper concentric shafts and 12:1 gearing. With 3' long hands and a translucent dial it looked pretty good (if I say so myself).

Archived