Anyone suggest somewhere I can buy chain bags?

rick@slick

We got 4 x 9m 500kg chain hoists to do some of our rigging with from Harold Potter - really nice good quality stuff, good price btw.

Thing is - on the steep learning curve that is setting up on your own after being a riging monkey for many years, realised I neglected to buy any chain bags to go with it, therefore stuck on wrapping the spare round and securing it with safetys. Annoying, time consuming, slighlty worrying.

So... can anyone recommend any chain bags please? Maybe you have some at the back of the kit pile you don't need anymore....?

Sorry - I'm always on the scrounge :blink:

Hi Rick,

Getting in touch with some of the following companies should hopefully see you sorted with some chain bags for your hoists!

Lift Turn Move

Unusual Rigging

LGH

AC Lighting (Who under there price list for CM state they can get chain hoist bags on request)

It might be worth identifying the manufacturer of your hoists and chasing some bags up that way as a lot of the time different manufactureres have different methods of attatching there bags to there hoists.

therefore stuck on wrapping the spare round and securing it with safetys. Annoying, time consuming, slighlty worrying.

I hate that sound of a chain begining it's swift decent from above after slipping out the chain bag! Always make you cover your head quickly!!!

Cheers

Dan

PS Other rigging supply companies are available, just the first few that came into my head!

thanks, I've had a look at them - Tackklestore are pretty cheap, I'll give them a call tomorrow to check that it's big enough. :stagecrew:

What does a average chain host for 500kg go for?

ours were £86.15 for 500kg 9m chain Masterlifts from Harold Potter - he's got an ebay shop. Really nice people

Archived