Prop show and tell

foameister

Hi all,

I am a newbie to the forums and just wanted to come on board with a new topic to introduce myself ( :angry: - Moderators I hope this doesn't violate any rules - the site looks a bit strict!).

I would like to ask every set and prop makers to post one pic each of their more exciting and unusual work (just one each, please) so that people can see what's out there. Just add the picture, what it was used for, and the material that the prop was meant to portray (not what it was really made out of - others have to guess that). So just say "terracotta" or "bronze" for something portraying those materials but actually made of foam. Others can post questions to the prop makers about how the props were made, how long it took and what it was used for.

Out of better judgement I'll have to be careful here not to plug my own without first letting another shop show its work ( :** laughs out loud **: ). Now I will ask for another workshop to have the first honours.

So someone first please ...

Regards

Note from the moderators : No, don't worry, this topic is fine! In fact, there's a very similar one in Lighting ("Show Your Show") that's been running for a while and has proved very successful. I know it might sometimes seem that we're a bit on the harsh side when it comes to moderation, but it's all for the good of the site - we try very hard to maintain a good 'signal-to-noise ratio' on this forum, and sometimes we have to edit or remove stuff which doesn't fit in with what we're trying to achieve here.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

This is my favourite prop that I've made so far...

It was a clay model, with a rubber cast. A fibreglass and bronze powder positive, then painted up to look old.

It was a wall plaque in the Pheonix and the Carpet!

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/8852/plaque5yw.jpg

I would like to ask every set and prop makers to post one pic each of their more exciting and unusual work

Hardly exciting, but I daresay I could find a pic of the recently successful 3-man cast-iron cauldron made from MDF, chicken wire, papier mache & gallons of Flambar!!

I'll dig it out when I get home later in the week.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived