Soundcraft Powerstation 350 EQ

dglad

I have recently purchased a used Soundcraft Powerstation 350 and whilst checking it out using my headphones, I found that the left and right graphic EQ sliders make no change to the sound, but the channel strip EQ's work ok. I have tried the by-pass switch on each channel but still no change.

Is this a fault or do these EQ settings only adjust the main P.A. speakers?

dglad.

According to my interpretation of the block diagram on page 17 of the manual, available here if you haven't got it, the monitor (headphone) feed is derived from the Mix L&R before the graphic EQ, the output of which goes to the power amp input. Thus the graphic won't have any effect on the headphones. This is logical since the graphic is intended to "trim the overall sound to suit the room" (quoting the manual), which can only be judged from the speaker performance.

Seven band EQ with +/- 6dB doesn't do an awful lot ;-)

Agreed fully. theres only so much you can do.... HOWEVER..

Around 6 months ago I did a gig with The Dreamers, my band (Beatles Tribute)and the Swinging Blue Jeans. I was there for my band of course. Monitors were run from FOH. there were 2 monitor mixes, 1 for 3 cabs along the front of stage. (3 Behringer F1500's or whatever th hell they are on the first mix and a small tannoy speaker on a stand as a drum fill on a seperate mix). Added to that the centre monitor had a blown horn.

used a SL3242 FX Pro desk with its inbuilt graphic.

There was no additional FOH graphic.

there were NO monitor graphics.

Needless to say I was thankful o that 7 band graphic (think its 7) on the desk.

I ended up mixing the dreamers as the guys coudltn' seem to remove the feedback :)

Dan (yes that dan) mixed our set as I was on stage of course (I didn't even have a monitor)

So it is better than nothing... but you're right.

Rob

aaah monitors from FOH.... had to do that Friday aswell, hate it with a passion. With the one and only Mr PJ Proby (he's still got it bless him...fantastic band he has with him now aswell).

aaah monitors from FOH.... had to do that Friday aswell, hate it with a passion. With the one and only Mr PJ Proby (he's still got it bless him...fantastic band he has with him now aswell).
Hhhhmmm glad he's got it back, last show I did with him he seemed to be struggling quite a bit with knowing where he was and where he shouldn't be. i.e. pointing his mic straight into the wedges, fortunately that was the monitor engineers problem. His band are good and their banter's generally first rate. I agree with the FOH monitors thing-it always feels like you're doing both jobs below par.

No no he put on a good show. not sure how long he's been with that band but they are good.. Can't remember what the backing band are caled but theres a guy called Frank on keys Pete on drums.. can't remember the others but all very good.

the Dakotas and Mr Wayne Fontana on the same bill. Wayne used the same backing band as Jim.

Rob

No no he put on a good show. not sure how long he's been with that band but they are good.. Can't remember what the backing band are caled but theres a guy called Frank on keys Pete on drums.. can't remember the others but all very good.

the Dakotas and Mr Wayne Fontana on the same bill. Wayne used the same backing band as Jim.

Rob

Yeah Scouse Frank is all I know him as. They're one of the better backing bands to run into.

Jim

Archived