Backcloth

Jordan

Hi, I need to maka a backcloth for my band. Probably black with a painted on logo. Approx 1.5m high and 3 or 4m wide. What is the best type of material for this and where would I find it? thanks

Try Whaleys in Bradford.

Tony

• 3 years later...

Hiya

I have a very similar query, I need a very lightweight black drape for a show at the Fringe. We want to paint on it, but also we need to keep costs as low as possible. I know some pretty cheap fabric shops, but what kind of material should I go for? Is a heavy cotton enough? The drapes will be rigged right in front of the drapes already in the theatre, so being see-through is not a problem, but we do want them to be relatively flat so that the painting makes sense!

Thanks

Ella

If you are going to paint via air-brush, then lightweight will work. If you intend using any kind of brush, then it needs to be heavier. Also - depending on the type of paint you choose, it can be difficult to fold or roll. Painting a big cloth is quite difficult, and may well go wrong - so maybe an expensive one might not be a good move?

Archived