thomann

stevieboi

I purchased two of the units linked to in the OP's post. Both converted to 13A plugs and no major problems. Sometimes after a long transit, the lamp casing becomes slightly unscrewed, thus the bayonet lamp misses the contacts, but a quick twist of the casing and you are away.

As to 2 lamps in 1U, I have seen these beasts, can't remember the name of them though IMG/Stageline something like that.

straying OT.... as the subject was THOMANN I suppose its not too bad.

delivery costs cut AGAIN... £7 now for your order to be delivered to the UK.......

can't grumble at that.

mind you you coudltn' grumble when it was £15

Rob

*I'm probably gonna get screamed at now as someone else will have mentioned it somewhere else and I've not found it yet.

at £99 I dont think so - why are these things so expensive? im looking for one or two gooseneck lights on a 1u rack mount.

The Thomann one is £10, or if you need 2 goose necks, there's always this which is very good, but you do have to make sure you leave a bit of space above it to clip the goose necks in properly, although this shouldn't be a problem.

Rather than a shaver plug, you should use a travel adapter

Of course if you are going to be using other Thomann-supplied kit in your rack, you could always by a schucko 4-way and wire it to a 13A plug. This tends to be more reliable than a travel adaptor.

Of course if you buy kit from them with an IEC inlet, it is probably best to just buy a moulded IEC lead.

Adaptors (and for that matter "wall warts") are bad news in equipment racks, especially travel racks. It's far better to change the plug.

As an aside, my preference when building racks is to change everything it IEC plugs and put IEC strips in the rack. These are much smaller (and you can put a lot more connections in the same length of strip).

Bob

Archived