Behringer Ultrapar

Brian

I didn't see them directly but then again I didn't get too good a look at the 3 s4par's that they had driven by the b*******r dimmer and the b*******r desk - they could have been them - if so they were a few meters up and seemed to work.

I wasn't too impresed by the fact that none of the three guys on the stand would admit that they knew nothing about their lighting desk.

Not good.

NB for the record - the forum looks particularly bad at the moment viewed through netscape on IRIX.

Oh well.

beccause I wan't too impressed with them before I went to their stand - I gave them three chances to re-deam themselves and they did nothing but confirm my opinion of them Was it that everyone who knew the equipment was unavailable for plasa or was it tyhat they don't have anyone who knows the equipment.

I saw this lantern, and it seemed very well made, but the lamp was not a HPL type, but a different one (I think) . I am not sure that they would hold up to a ETC par, but hey, they are less than half the price!

I saw them at Plasa too. Looked pretty much idetical to the S4Par copies I bought from Terralec for about the same price a year ago, apart from the fact that they don't use an HPL lamp.

The Behringer lamp is 575W but doesn't appear to have the metal heatsink bit at the base. I guess this could mean less dissipation from the ceramic bulb-end and they wouldn't last as long. Either that or may have a lower colour temperature (yellowier) light. Like all things "B" though they are cheap - £28 for three or something like that.

See the Behringer dimmer? Looked a bit suspicious - 10A/channel, 6 channels, and a 2.5mmsq mains lead! Must've been a prototype.

Hope so.

Pete.

Archived