mx48 remote ?

themadhippy

Having been spoiled by the adb remote I wonder if there's any way of controlling a strand mx 48 via a remote,olny want to bring individual channels to full for focusing . wired , ir , greentooth ,wet string ,anything, O and DMX is out the window cause its all on d54 and there's no money for converters

You can control them via MIDI, although I don't know to what extent, I believe is is only for advancing scenes and steeping chases unfortunately.

You can also advance scenes and step chases using 1kHz audio pulses.

You could do this using a chase with all channels in it sequentially, then stepping through the chase using MIDI, although this could get cumbersome using all 48 channels.

Ah good point J Pearce. Just hot wire the step button, create a chase, then set slider to manual, and press your remote step button. Add a few XLR's in, and you can use tie lines and other mic cable as your remote.

Actually, when I was at school we had a prop wireless telephone. When you pressed "1" a relay in the base station clicked once. Attaching a transducer onto the relay, via a mixing desk, and into the audio of an XLS we had a remote focusing unit. Then like J Pearce suggested, a chase was made.

I found that midi worked well, but then you would have to get a battery powered midi keyboard, or take a mains power pack around the rig with your keyboard!

I found that midi worked well, but then you would have to get a battery powered midi keyboard, or take a mains power pack around the rig with your keyboard!

Or use a wireless networked palmtop then send midi over lan to a desktop PC sited next to the MX48. Bit complicated, but it should work. You could use a virtual keyborad or just play back a midi file using media player on the palmtop.

Archived