2kW sil followspot. What size gobo?

J Pearce

For the annual christmas kids presentation at church we have expanded our lighting rig. Part of this is a 2kW 10 degree sil followspot, the director came in just after I'd rigged it and asked if we could use it to have a moving star that would otherwise have to be done in powerpoint. We have a week until the show, so I am looking at hiring/buying/begging the appropriate bits.

So;

What size gobo and holder do I need for the followspot, if it will take one?

Thanks

Jon

If you have a proper printer near by, they usually have tin (ie not the ones who use large format inkjet printers, but rather the ones who use plates to print) that has reached the end of it's life. They are unfortunatly a dieing breed, and it is a real shame - I much prefer things printed like that, IMO they are of better quality (although much more expensive)

Unfortunately I didn't get an chance to make a gobo before the show, so it was done on powerpoint. An upside to this though is that they have realised that the sooner they share their dreams of the event with me, the more likely it is that I can make those dreams come true. They have also agreed to give me a bigger budget for next year, although the budget couldn't really get any smaller...

Many thanks to those who helped.

Archived