Updating a Strand 300

propmonkey

Just so I'm sure, I assume that you have downloaded the C3.zip file of the web and extracted the 6 zipped files to a floppy.
Yep - this was 3rd or 4th time I've downloaded and dumped the unzipped files onto floppy (different floppy each time) with similar results.
If so then run CRCCHECK on the floppy files whilst the floppy is still in the PC. At least this way we'll know whether the files on the floppy or the floppy itself is OK.

Interestingly, this brings up the following:

Starts with 'data error - Abort, Ignore, etc'

Hit Ignore and it eventually tells me that C3Instal.exe is different.

Ignore again a couple of times and it ends up with C3Instal.Z is different.....

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So in other words the files on the disk arent as they should be. I assume you've tried re-downloading them from the website?

I would think that tony tried redownloading the files before posting his first post, as he said above.

...this was 3rd or 4th time I've downloaded and dumped the unzipped files onto floppy (different floppy each time) with similar results.

So in other words the files on the disk arent as they should be. I assume you've tried re-downloading them from the website?

I would think that tony tried redownloading the files before posting his first post, as he said above.

...this was 3rd or 4th time I've downloaded and dumped the unzipped files onto floppy (different floppy each time) with similar results.

'S right...

:D

I've just downloaded the software on to the PC and run CRCCHECK and all is ok.

Well at least we know where the root of the problem lies now. I suspect it is how the info gets stored on floppy.

Next suggestion is try formating the floppy in true DOS either in 300 or 500 console and then copy the files to the floppy and run CRCCHECK on the floppy.

Next suggestion is try formating the floppy in true DOS either in 300 or 500 console and then copy the files to the floppy and run CRCCHECK on the floppy.

That's certainly a thought.

Will try that shortly.

GIVE THAT MAN A GOLD STAR!!!

Problem 100% sorted!!

Many, many thanks!

Tony

Archived