6-way "dimmer bars"

gareth

Does anyone know whether it's possible to get the stand-mounting 6-way DMX-controllable 'dimmer bars' (something like the Eurolite units that Thomann sell) with UK-friendly connectors (e.g. 15 or 16A, IEC, etc.)? The only ones I can find have Schuko connectors on them.

Does anyone know whether it's possible to get the stand-mounting 6-way DMX-controllable 'dimmer bars' (something like the Eurolite units that Thomann sell) with UK-friendly connectors (e.g. 15 or 16A, IEC, etc.)? The only ones I can find have Schuko connectors on them.

Dear Gareth,

There is 4-way and 6-way SmartBars available from ETC with UK-type connectors.

Contact your ETC dealer for further information.

Kind Regards

Erik Larsen

ETC Ltd.

Thanks for the pointer, Erik. I've seen the ETC SmartBars and they look like great products. Unfortunately, this is for a customer who's on a really tight budget, and the ETC product lists at over five times the price of the Thomann cheap-and-cheerful equivalent ...

Gareth,

would be worth talking to Pete Searles at AC in High Wycombe, as they were looking at offering a budget range with either 15A or 16A outlets

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the pointer, Richard. It looks like AC only offer the 4-way IEC version. I really need a price for 6-way units, in which category AC only offer the ETC SmartBars which are out of my customer's budget, unfortunately.

Ho hum. Back to the drawing board.

• 1 year later...

Dragging this thread up I know,but did anyone ever find a budget bar with 16a outputs?

Also is there any reason these bars couldn't be hung?I cant see any reason myself,just wondered if anyone who had seen the instructions had found a reason?

Jumpers?

Jumpers?

I've got 1 adapter that would fit in the bar perfectly and give me a 16a socket on the bar.

Unfortunately I can't find any others and dont want to use cabled jumpers

Someone posted about this a while back, give me a few mins and I'll see if I can find it.

Well I can't find the direct BR mention, but Gewiss certainly do them, see the last page of this PDF.

Hmmm Looks different to myne,IEC might work out OK though as I'm considering using par 56s instead of rewiring my source 4 pars

Archived