Ev Tour X series

makarunga

I am thinking of upgrading my sound system to cater for approximately 5000 people and I currently saw the EV Tour x series that I really like. has anyone used these? how good are they and can I use them with other amps?

How good are the TX 2152 cabs supported by the tx 1181 subs?

I currently have crest audio tops powered by crest audio cc 2300 as well as some wharfedale subs powered by phonic max 2500 amp and I do not want to render my amps useless.

Thanks

Mike

I need to cover 5000 people. thanks

Mike

I doubt you'll be able to do this effectively with a groundstack system. Get a real flown system designed for that kind of SPL and coverage, D&B Q or C, L'Acoustics Dv-Dosc or maybe lots of flown Arcs, EAW KF760 or maybe lots of 850z, EV X-Array or XLC.

You will not be able to effectively cover 5000 people with an EV Tour X series system. Look at the X-array, X-Line, XLC systems for a more suitable rig.

If your actually looking to cover 5000 folk with rock concert levels, your going to be looking at around £300,000 minimum in terms of rig. Even buying second hand your looking at around £150,000. See this link:

http://www.sseaudiogroup.com/product.asp?id=6473&ctg=5&section=6&sys=0&cat=56&subcat=0&fnd=2&srch=

Why not buy a wee rig for small events (sub 500 folk), for instance a Tour X system, and when you need to cover larger jobs, hire a PA company to provide a rig. It will be much cheaper in the long run and you wont have to deal with staff, warehouse, transport, maintenance costs.

Adam

You could maybe look at buying some old KF850... ?? Nice loud box and very cheap these days, only problem is there tri-amp which is very old hat but it all depends on how much money you want to spend.

You will not be able to effectively cover 5000 people with an EV Tour X series system. Look at the X-array, X-Line, XLC systems for a more suitable rig.

If your actually looking to cover 5000 folk with rock concert levels, your going to be looking at around £300,000 minimum in terms of rig.

Adam

32x box's of Void Arcline ( 16x midtop 16x bass) covers over 5000 and doesn't cost anywhere near £300,000.....

If your actually looking to cover 5000 folk with rock concert levels, your going to be looking at around £300,000 minimum in terms of rig. Even buying second hand your looking at around £150,000. See this link:

http://www.sseaudiog...t=0&fnd=2&srch=

Adam

Errrrrrr 12 x dB DVA per side will cover 5000 and cost an awful lot less than £300k

http://dbtechnologies.com/index.php?id=22&L=0&tx_amdbt_pi1[category]=31&tx_amdbt_pi1[product]=143

Also keep in mind transport.... as your never going to get 16 stacks of KF850 ( or anything of that size ) into a van or 7.5t truck ** laughs out loud ** where as something like Q or Arcline will :) In fact you fit 12x Arcline bass &12x tops with amps into a van !!

Archived