Jester ML 24 sub issues

menghini222

Hi guys,

This might be a stupid question, however you may be able to help.

I have a jester ML 24, whilst programming led fixtures to subs such as blinders, pars and battens I am finding that I can't mix the colours on the fly.

What I am trying to achieve is to have 3 subs dedicated to RGB.

I have programmed the subs like this:

Sub 1 - dimmer @ full, R @ full

Sub 2 - dimmer @ full, G @ full

Sub 3 - dimmer @ full, B @ full

However if I put the subs up individually they work, then when bringing in another colour they will over ride the sub that is already up, so I can only have on colour at a time, I want to be able to mix the colours.

I've looked through the desk and can't see anything obvious that would be preventing this.

Any ideas to as what it could be?

Cheers,

Menghini222

Sounds like in sub 1 you have the value for G+B 'on at zero'. It's been a while since I've used a desk but I think it's something to do with untagging the green and blue values from sub 1

HI Menghini222,

The Submasters only mix HTP (Highest Takes Precedence - Intensity) values on the Jester range. LPT (Latest Takes Precedence - colour, beamshape and position) values are triggered at 5%, and can be set to snap or fade - but at a preprogrammed time, rather than with the movement of the fader.

What I am trying to achieve is to have 3 subs dedicated to RGB.

As Jon describes, the Jester ML (which I was teaching on yesterday, as it happens. Not used it before...) only triggers LTP channels and there isn't an option to IPCB the subs. Your best option is to patch your LEDs as dimmer channels rather than fixtures.

Archived