BT red telephone box

lightsource

Hi all,

We're looking for a BT (outdoor) phone box, to be used as a prop in a film. Preferably one of the red ones. Does anyone know where we can get a hold of one in the North East of England.

It's only required for a couple of days, towards the back end of August.

OK, going from memory here, so this will be hideously sketchy...

There's a place near Stage Electrics in Team Valley that has various large garden ornaments (you can see some enormous metal palm trees from the A1). Last time I went past, I'm sure I recall seeing a phonebox there. Whether they'd be able to lend it to you or whatever, I don't know.

I wish people would be a bit more specific with their topic titles! "Up North" encompasses a pretty vast area - I clicked on this topic because I know of someone who runs a phone box restoration business in North Wales, which is "Up North" in many ways but a hell of a long way from North East England ...

YES.............. NORTHERN PROPS

they have a red wooden replica saw it there when I was there the other day ..... you can get their number from me if you pm me or from yell.com just ask for chris or dianna lovely people and very reasonable hire charges...

tell them paul sent you and ill get their bingo machine back to them very soon!

Just to add to my reply....

northern props are located 20min north of newcastle towards ashington I also ment to say "deanna" instead of dianna.

and goggle is a wonderful thing but it dosent always have all the answers! god what did we do before the internet.

and when you live up north you relise that it is north and everything below you is south!

and I guess when you live down south, north is anything past the the watford gap which is still 300 miles away (aprox) from what we in the north like to think of as the north ....

to all my friends in the south ... only joking .. thats to every one past durham ..haha

Strangely, in a BBC news article today, they classed Liverpool as north :( which from my location is bl00dy miles away.

Anyway, cheers for the info, I've been in contact with Deanna, and hopefully we can get something sorted.......although the director is now looking for a different style of phonebox :( (he's changing his mind about most things on a daily basis, and filming starts in 2 weeks).

I also mentioned the bingo machine.

Pritch...... know the place exactly. I go past it when I go to stage electrics. I've always avoided going in and having a look, because I'd probably part with a lot of money in the process.

Hi all,

We're looking for a BT (outdoor) phone box, to be used as a prop in a film. Preferably one of the red ones. Does anyone know where we can get a hold of one in the North East of England.

It's only required for a couple of days, towards the back end of August.

Try The Birmingham Rep. I saw them making one in their workshop a couple of years ago and they do keep stuff.

Archived