JTS wireless mics

Alec

I would say that although a bit dearer, it's worth going for the US1000 series by JTS, as this has the ability to set the frequencies in 25kHz steps rather than 125kHz in the 901 type. This allows you to get exactly on the UK deregulated fequencies and the UK shared frequencies (the US 901 allowed you to get close to most and right on a few). Talking to JTS, I understand the capsule is improved to lessen P-blasting and handling noise too.

I still think these are the best featured and best performing radio mics for the money.

Pete.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Pete. this is a similar combination to what I use with 4 systems running. might be exactly as I have it. I can't remember. I've not had any problems with them crossing over AT ALL. may be receiver position amongst other things.

Its rare I use 4 mind you its not the sort of work I deal with , only for girl/boy band tributes which I try my best to stay away from.

Bear in mind that the problems that can be caused by conflicting frequencies are not always simple crosstalk...indeed, that's pretty rare. Much more likely is intermod interference that will manifest itself as mysterious noises or those random, "unexplained" reception dropouts.

How many channels you can squeeze in depends, in no small part, and the quality of the RF filters built into the TX and RX equipment. I don't have the necessary details of the JTS gear to be able to say how well it will perform, so your experience is as valid as anything. However, don't assume that "crossing over" is the only potential symptom.

Bob

• 9 months later...
Having run my 3 new JTS systems over christmas, I can certainly confirm that I'm very pleased with them.

Found two weaknesses with the lapel mics (CM201) supplied. The windshield will fall off at the drop of a hat - easily fixed with a careful drop of Copydex. The tie-clip relies on a friction fit to hold the mic cable, and we've already had a speaker lose one (think the Copydex needs to come out again). Need to see how easy it is to get a replacement, but at only GBP 20-30 for the whole mic with clip, it's still a bargain. Otherwise, dead chuffed with these mics.

Back to my antenna distro question again. Who's got a JTS UA-900 who can answer a question - are the antenna inputs on the front panel only, or rear and front panel? If I get one of these, I want to run the antennae into the rear panel rather than the front, but am wondering if I'll be scuppered by this arrangement.

From experience I've found that the windsocks on the Shure Lapel's fall off just as if not more easily than the JTS lapels!!

I mainly work with the Shure PGX wireless system with their OmniDirectional Lapel and it is very decent but I've found the JTS sounds better with more gain before feedback. I'd also like to add that no Lapel's sound great because they're designed for Televison use not live use due to their pickup distance. Personally I can't go past headsets for the best sound and if you on a budget you should look at the highly affordable JTS CM204T which comes in a Tanned colour keeping it very low profile.

I've had much more experience with Shure gear than JTS gear and I'm constantly surrounded by big time Shure fans but I've got to say that I've been much more impressed by the JTS gear than the Shure gear especially the JTS NX gear over the Shure SM gear

Archived