Looking for some work experience

Hey everyone

I'm new to this thing, but I'm very impressed with it all already. Anyway, I'm from Woking in Surrey, and I am not enjoying college for various reasons, and am going through steps to leave.

I would like to find someone who knows of a lighting/sound company that would be willing to take me on as an appreniceship/work experience type thing. I have some experience of small productions and gigs, but I would really like to broaden my knowledge, and possibly move into employment later on.

Any info or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Cheers

Matt

Guildford School of Acting do work experience, and I think Baccus (spelling??) Productions are based around there.

There are a couple of other smaller companies.

I know that the Yvonne Arnaud offers work experience; and may well need follow spot ops.

Also try in London as well, Stage Electrics are very good, Darren Beckley is your man. Or Whitelight offer work experience to graduates and the like, so may well offer it to you, Paul Talbot usually conducts interviews like that.

• 2 weeks later...
just to add to that im doing gcse work experience next yr (yr11) and im based up in cumbria (sunny as always) (NOT) anyway I contacted the theatre nearby and they might not be able to do technical experience so I will try oasis but do you have or know where I can get more info. Ta

Archived