Calculators

marc

Hi All,

Sorry if this is covered before, but searching was not successful and I could not find what I was after.

I am after a lens throw calculator for primarily Barco projectors, but ultimately all projectors, is there some where a bit of software for download that does what I want. I don't really get on with Barco's web site, and can not find what I'm after there, and google was great for every other maker of projector!

I know there is a sum that can be done to work it out manually so to speak but I can not remember this either!

Any help much appreciated,

Mk

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a link to the Barco lens calculator program (from their web site):

Barco lens calculator

Fundamentally, this is really easy for all manufacturers if you can find out the zoom ratio (or focal ratio if not a zoom) of the available lenses.

The ratios given are always the relation between the image width and the throw distance. Eg a 2.5:1 lens will give an image 2m wide at 5m away. The simple formula is image width x lens ratio = throw distance. You can manipulate this to find out what image you can have with a given lens at a given throw, or what lens you need to achieve a given image size at a given throw etc.

Hope this helps.

Jason

Archived