French artist in the UK

valooz

Hiya,

Didn't quite know where to post this, I think here's about right...

I live and work in France, and I'm working as F.O.H. sound tech for a French musician called Melchior Liboa.

I know that there are large amounts of French people living in London, and in the UK for that matter, so we would like to put together a "small" tour of London venues.

I can't seem to get directly in touch with someone who could point out some good places that would be appropriate for this.

I'm sure there are some decent venues in London or elswhere for that matter that would be up to putting on a french gig.

He plays solo, and plays a sort of bluesy/rock style.

Does anyone have an idea who I could get in touch with, or even someone who might be interested in managing a small tour of around 5 to 10 gigs in the UK.

I'll be in London at the beginning of December, so I can meet up with anyone who can be of any help...

Thanks a lot for any help.....

Guest lightnix

Sorry, we're not ignoring you, valooz. On the rare occasions when you don't get an answer in here, it's because we just don't know :huh:

For possible venues, you could start by scanning the listings magazines, like Time Out. For a tour manager, you could try putting an ad in the jobs section of the Classifieds forum ;) Don't forget to give as much information as possible and some idea of any pay, if you can.

Best of luck :)

Yeah , no worries, I know you're not ignoring me... hehe

cheers... that's already a good start...

It's just I really don't know where to begin...

I left the UK 12 years ago, before I was in the music buisness, and I'm just not up to scratch with how things run...

Just a few pointers is all I'm looking for really...

thanks,

Archived