Do you know this clones?

Bad_Rock

EV MTL-1X AND

EV T18

The specifications are not the same ones but I've been tempted to go chinese on this ones to have at least an affordable strong sub.

Do you think that they will at least work? Or if you know any other decent chinese manufacturer with cheap prices for export ( with powerful subs ) would be interesting to know too.

Cheers

The trouble with imports like this is that somebody has to take the chance and buy half a container load. Dealing with China direct is a pain (as I know) due to the very awkward letter of credit arrangement. My own bank didn't even know how to do this and had to find out for me. You also have the shipping risk, customs duty and loads of other snags to contend with - and for me, a possibly litigeous product that maybe difficult to shift in todays market - mind you, their website doesn't claim any makers name - so the term 'passing off' may not actually be the problem.

The trouble with imports like this is that somebody has to take the chance and buy half a container load. Dealing with China direct is a pain (as I know) due to the very awkward letter of credit arrangement. My own bank didn't even know how to do this and had to find out for me. You also have the shipping risk, customs duty and loads of other snags to contend with - and for me, a possibly litigeous product that maybe difficult to shift in todays market - mind you, their website doesn't claim any makers name - so the term 'passing off' may not actually be the problem.

Yes to all. But just imagine that you can buy 6 of them for the price of only 1 original EV second hand. Some dudes ( friends of mine ) recommended me this company as a serious one ( they bought many many $$$ in OEM equipment ).

FWIW if the latter sounds as good as the T18 I'd be happy to let someone else buy it.

IMO a terrible cab worth that money for an original brand new.

Maybe its just me and my opinion (which I'm entitled to) but from experience with ALOT of EV gear the T18 (along with most subs in that sort of size and range from EV) are not worth the wood they are made from.

I dont mean to sound harsh but I've really never been a fan of EV bottom end until you get into the High end stuff.

Rob

FWIW if the latter sounds as good as the T18 I'd be happy to let someone else buy it.

IMO a terrible cab worth that money for an original brand new.

Maybe its just me and my opinion (which I'm entitled to) but from experience with ALOT of EV gear the T18 (along with most subs in that sort of size and range from EV) are not worth the wood they are made from.

I dont mean to sound harsh but I've really never been a fan of EV bottom end until you get into the High end stuff.

Rob

Ok pal but unless you have an axe you wont even get the wood for that money.

Ok pal but unless you have an axe you wont even get the wood for that money.

Yes I have to admit you are right about that.

Its nothing personal, its nothing agaisnt EV, I rather like alot of their boxes, just not the subs in general. I dont know what it is. the ones I've used have always been powered right and processed right. They just seem...how can I put it. Alot of box for the sound. and adding to that, alot of money for the sound.

Rob

Archived