Wholehog II Library Generator

lightkid

Hi there guys,

I've just done a Wholehog II Library Generator which can be downloaded from www.denis-hessberger.de

One thing I'd really like you to do is to give me feedback - what is good, what is bad. What do you miss?

There will soon be a function to add and delete stuff in there, as well as there will be an option to load and edit librarys (but I dont know how far that goes with wizards and stuff).

If you have any questions, or would like to get the LibGen newsletter drop me a line at libgen@denis-hessberger.de

Cheers,

Denis Hessberger

Thanks Denis,

This may be a useful tool. It installed and ran fine. It is a little od that when you have entered one set of data, say, pan - it closes and you have to edit again. Maybe a "next parameter" button? I spent ten minutes or so entering stuff that I actually needed to see how it worked. Normally, I'd find a similar fixture, load up the text file, and edit to suit the spec for the one I've got. Starting from scratch, I found knowing what to put in the boxes for attributes such as speed a bit difficult. The manual for the fixture doesn't really help in knowing what to put in the boxes - maybe some kind of help system. Then I tried toput something in a box. I suspect maybe I tried to type text when it expected numbers - I can't remember exactly what I did, but when I hit enter, it closed - and I hadn't saved it - so I lost it all. I will try again when I have some more spare time.

paul

Hi There!

I'll come up with a new release on Sunday evening, I guess. I'll be doing some redesign (no seperate forms no more for entering ranges and parameters - and you'll probably be able to load a functions.txt file or so, and choose existing parameters from a list - thus you'll be able to enter new ones!).

I don't know how far I get today cuz' I just came home from my GF and am awake for like 22 hours now or something (and full with coffee... driving 300km when youre that tired sucks! But what dontcha do for your cute little girlfriend :blink: )

Cheers,

Denis Hessberger

• 1 month later...

Archived