Gel Blurring Gobo

Ekij

The gobo I have has vertical and horozontal bars.

While a vertical only could be done in negative the vertical and horozontal could not (without a transparent support medium such as glass).

I'll try the donut tonight and if it doesn't help enough I might try the negative gobo (vertical bars only) tomorrow night.

I hope you're making progress...

I know its not much help at this stage, but I have had a similar gobo to what you describe made out of metal - the idea was to represent the green grid of night-vision goggles with thin lines of green light. It was quite complicated, and not a "home-made" solution, being squares of metal held in place with very thin tags which weren't visible in practice. They were pretty fragile, and fell apart relatively quickly, having to be replaced regularly over the course of the tour. It was not particularly cheap to have it made by DHA, but probably cheaper than a glass gobo initially, though if you factor in the cost of the spares, it may have worked out not much different.

Archived